AfrIPI will actively involve and address all relevant African stakeholders according to their respective mandate, capacities and interests.
The main stakeholders are the African national and (sub-) regional public bodies in charge of IPR, trade and agriculture. These will include, inter alia:
- Commission services dealing to some extent with IP in Africa, which could include for example EU Delegations, DG International Cooperation and Development (DG DEVCO), DG TRADE, DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW), DG Agriculture and Rural Development (DG AGRI), DG Communication Networks, Content and Technology (DG CNECT), DG Competition (DG COMP), DG Taxation and Customs Union (DG TAXUD), or DG Health and Food Safety (DG SANTE).
- Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA), Community of Sahel–Saharan States (CEN–SAD), East African Community (EAC), Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS), Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD), Southern African Development Community (SADC)
- International organization stakeholders active in IP: WIPO, EPO, WTO, FAO, UNCTAD, UNECA
- Third country authorities and agencies in the field of IP, as well as diplomatic representations in Africa
- Ministries and agencies related to IP protection and enforcement in Africa
- The academic community in Europe and Africa (higher education and research institutions active in the field of IP)
- EU and Africa industry, business associations and chambers of commerce