The ARISE+ IPR team hosted the ‘Regional Workshop on IPR Enforcement’ in Manila, the Philippines, on 24-25 April, back to back with the 4th ASEAN Network of IPR Enforcement Experts (ANIEE) meeting on 25-26 April. The activities lead into World IP Day on 26 April, and formed part of a range of events marking National Intellectual Property Month in the Philippines throughout April.
The workshop informed law enforcement officials, investigators, and prosecutors, ANIEE members and National Committee on Intellectual Property Rights (NCIPR) members on current regional and international best practices in IPR enforcement. It included presentations on IPR protection and enforcement in the digital age; measures to combat online infringement; online business models infringing IPR; best practices on investigative techniques and intelligence gathering; capacity building for enforcement agencies; and ASEAN cooperation on IPR enforcement. EU experts shared experience of IPR enforcement at the EU national and regional levels as part of the workshop.
ANIEE consists of representatives from the ASEAN Member States involved in IPR enforcement and is tasked by the ASEAN Working Group on Intellectual Property Cooperation (AWGIPC) to undertake the implementation of the IPR enforcement initiatives under the ASEAN IPR Action Plan 2016-2025.
- Best Practices on Investigative Techniques and Intelligence Gathering in relation to Online IPR Infringement Cases [PDF - 2.3MB] [EN]
- Challenges and Best Practices in Prosecuting Online Intellectual Property Infringement Cases [PDF - 3.1MB] [EN]
- IPR Protection and Enforcement in the Digital Age Trends, Issues, and Challenges [PDF - 1.3MB] [EN]
- Online Business Models Infringing Intellectual Property Rights [PDF - 5.5MB] [EN]
- Measures to Combat IPR Online Infringement – Legal Framework and Initiatives in Thailand [PDF - 2.5MB] [EN]
- Transnational Law Enforcement Cooperation Joint Operations and Assistance [PDF - 14.67MB] [EN]
- Overview of Legal Remedies to Combat IPR Online Infringement [PDF - 0.65MB] [EN]
- Developing IPR Enforcement Capacities through Training and Technology [PDF - 0.65MB] [EN]